Thursday, May 19, 2016

Printing Large Photos

Attempting to print photos up to 65" is not for the faint-of-heart.  I wanted to print the panorama of Monet's garden, shown in the previous post, at 16 by 60 inches.  Gallery wrapping adds another 4" in each direction.  I have been printing with an older 24" printer for several years with some success.  I generally print 18 by 24" photos for standard framing.  However, even though a sheet of paper 20 by 64" could be fed into the older printer, it failed to initiate a print job.  No information was available from HP since the printer was out of warranty.  I then bought a slightly newer but used 24" printer which would accommodate a roll of paper.  Unfortunately, it was damaged in shipment and couldn't be repaired. I contributed it to Got Junk.
I then bought a new HP t120 shown in the top photo.  It is wireless-capable and can print from any computer, iPad or iPhone in my home.  After considerable trial and error I have been able to print 20 by 64" photos on canvas suitable for gallery wrapping, below.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Incredible work with the new 20x64" printer! Best way to display your art at Monet's garden!

Unknown said...

Incredible work with the new 20x64" printer! Best way to display your art at Monet's garden!