Tuesday, November 13, 2007

My First Digital Back



I received my first Hasselblad camera as a Christmas gift in 1998. One of my first "keeper" photos was the old farm house--not a great scan--shown at the left. I shot with film for 5 or so years. Digital photography began to get popular around Y2K, but mostly of the point-and-shoot variety. One of the first digital backs was made by Kodak, believe it or not, but I thought it too expensive at the time. Unfortunately, Kodak got out of the professional digital camera business. The good news came in late 2004 when Hasselblad merged with Imacon and released a 16 MP digital back specifically made for the standard Hasselblad camera. By that time I had upgraded to the automatic 203FE which had an electronic shutter. I bought the new back--called the V96C--and the world of digital, medium format photography was opened up to me.

No comments: